Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thankful List

Brian goes back to work tomorrow and we find ourselves a little blue about that. We've had a lot of family time and it's hard to go back to the hustle and bustle of "real" life. So, instead of being sad, I thought about making a Thankful List.
Warning *This is a quick, in the moment list, so no telling how it will go.

Alex - "I'm thankful for my friends and my family and how much they love me. I know there's something else. Oh, yeah, I'm thankful for technology, animals and a lot of things. I'm thankful for just about everything except most green vegetables and eggrolls."

Emma - "Poohey (Pooh), Family, this house, God and Jesus and heaven. And, I'm thankful for my neighbors and my friends. I'm thankful for food, water and cookie dough. I'm thankful for my brush and I'm thankful for bad guys. (I had to stop and ask WHY? No answer. Hmmm.) I'm thankful for ice cream and God sending Jesus to die for us."

Brian - "I'm thankful that God gave me the gift of life, you (Angie), my children. I'm thankful that I'm gifted with wonderful friends. I'm thankful for my education and profession and that I am still employed in such a difficult economy. I'm thankful that I'm healthy, wealthy and wise! Oh, and I'm thankful that I'm so modest. Wait, you're not really putting that in there are you?...

Angie - Boy, I'm so thankful that I just did this with my family. We had some laughs and definitely stopped feeling blue. I'm thankful for the many incredible gifts God has graced me with. My family, friends, co-workers, my children's teachers and school, my patients, my health. I'm thankful for my neighbors, the health of our family and ABBY. I'm thankful for homemade Christmas cookies, good books, fireplaces and snuggle time.

Abby - She's chilling on her new bed, so she's definitely thankful for that. And, probably for being in a loving family who adores her.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Love this... I'm so thankful God blessed me with each of you! Love you! :) What a perfect thing to do at the end of the year!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Awww...how sweet. We should do this--although I can only imagine the answers I'd get.

I'm thankful I invited you to lunch once upon a time. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Girl, you are totally slacking here. Where are the new year's posts???

I tagged you for a meme on my blog--if you're interested.

martha said...

HI!! I'm not sure how else to communicate on your blog site!! I miss you and think of you often. You all look and sound truly happy and blessed!! We are fine still living in G-town, 2 new doggies, one is a pup. Hope to hear from you. marticanorris@yahoo.com
M