Thursday, December 11, 2008

And then, it "really" snowed!

We were so excited about the first flakes, knowing that they might be the first and the last. But, lo and behold, there were more. And, they were nice, plump, real snowflakes. What a treat! Brian and I were more in excited than the kids. Heck, they've had snow in December twice in their lifetime, here on the Gulf Coast!

The kids fell asleep before we got a nice thick coasting in the yard. So, being the wonderful parents that we are, we went upstairs and woke them up! Come on. It's snow. In Texas! Alex looked out his window and promptly fell back into bed (see photo). Emma was more interested and she let Brian carry her downstairs. She said something along the lines of, "Oh!" and laid her head on his shoulder and fell back asleep (see photo). Poor child. She doesn't even remember us getting her up. You'd think the photo would be proof.





Here's my best shot of the snow. I'm still learning how to use my new camera, so...You'll have to look very closely to see the snow over the grass and shrubs and trees.


1 comment:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I have a patio table photo too! (With snow on it, I mean.)