Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Recycling Fashionista

I had the pleasure of spending Thanksgiving with one of my best girlfriends, Laura. We went to the TEXAS v. a&m game in Austin. Her husband, Scott sent us as a birthday gift for Laura. I was the innocent, very lucky, bystander. Thanks Scott!

Laura and I always have a great time together and this was no exception. There were laughs about all sorts of things. I'm going to share a picture that is still making me laugh. But, to truly enjoy it, you need to see Laura. She was really rockin' those awesome boots and her Longhorn belt (which can't be fully appreciated in this photo). Check out her picture, then check out the one below, with our recycled souvenirs. It seems only fitting to Go Green in Austin! Make sure to notice the tower all aglow in Burnt Orange.











Yep! Those are plastic Longhorn cups. The ones you get your Diet Coke in at the stadium. I took mine and grabbed 2 for the kids. (We did that at an Astros game one time and loved drinking out of them and remembering our time together). Laura decided that sounded like a great idea but that we needed enough to fill her newly cleaned out cabinet. So off we went, searching the seats for plastic cups that people left behind! Can you imagine? And, we were completely sober. Really! Can you imagine, seeing women searching the stands for plastic cups? Oh, and don't miss the koozie I found! It's orange, so you can't go wrong. Right? ;-)




3 comments:

Sara said...

Go Green! :) Love the new look!

Angie and Brian said...

Sara, You and Shawna inspired me to get an updated look. I couldn't remember how to do it and intially had a totally brown screen with only highlighted words showing! That was like 3-4 words. Yikes! I still want to change it to more Christmasy.

BlessedXFour said...

LOVE the new look, it's FABulous!!! By the way, I used to do the same thing at the Cardinals' Game! Honestly, I'm a plastic vs. glass anyways! Love you dearly friend!
Shawna