Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex!




How can it be 9 years already? Surely, I'm not the only one that feels like that with their children? It seems more so with him. Maybe it's because he's the oldest and I had more time to journal and enjoy. Well, if I remember accurately, those first weeks weren't terribly enjoyable. It took me a while to figure out the mothering thing. I think that's why God blessed me with Alex. He was a great baby (once he started sleeping for more than 10 minutes at a time.)!! Remind me to tell you about the chart we kept, trying desperately to figure out some rhyme or reason to his constant waking. What a laugh!!

The days, weeks and yes, years have seemed to fly by. I want to enjoy each step along the way. I want Alex to enjoy the steps along the way too. I pray that we give him as much as his incredible smile gives us.

We celebrated his birthday with our "family" aka, the most incredible friends on Earth. The night of his birthday, it was just the 4 of us, which was really nice I made his favorite meal - pancakes and bacon and with a 9 candle right on top! Boy, was it a feast.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!

Sara said...

Happy, happy birthday Alex! Nice pancakes! :) You are a blessing to so many of us! We love you and your awesome family too who make us all laugh and smile a lot! :)

Sybil said...

Angie is blogging!!! I am so excited...and Happy Birthday Alex :)