Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Vampires and Werewolves

I found this post, saved as a draft, from weeks ago....

I never, in a million years, would have thought I'd be reading books about vampires and werewolves. I avoid scary movies, stories, music, etc. I didn't watch Scream until several years later, and then only during daylight with my hands covering most of my face. Still my heart was racing. I'm not an adrenaline junkie.

So, knowing that, I'm baffled at how much I am enjoying reading Vamp and Were stories. I guess it's pretty superficial to even say that they are "Vamp" books. One series is what I would call a romance. Top it off and it's a young adult series! Am I trying to regain my youth? Aren't I too young to need to be doing that just yet? (Please say yes!) But, I admit it. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer is one of the best I've read in years. (Thanks Kel and Lisa for pressuring me into them). If you haven't read them yet, go buy them or check them out from the library. They are a good read!

I have a thing for books in a series. I love getting to know the characters in such detail. The second series I am reading is the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris, starring Sookie Stackhouse. I've only read #8, Better Off Dead. I have it if you want to read it. (Thanks Geneva for sharing.) Loved it. Funny. Easy. Can't wait to read all of them.

PS - The Twilight movie is out, old news now. I saw it opening day, and the theatre was crowded at the 10am showing. And NO!, it wasn't only females. There were even a couple of guys there by themselves. Go figure. My review: The book is better, but the movie was good enough to enjoy and get the gist of the story. If you liked the movie, you'll love the books!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I don't like scary things at all! Plus I'm addicted to facebook and don't have time to read... hee hee! So glad you guys are enjoying them! :)