Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School



Well, we made it through the 1st day of school. 3rd grade for Alex and 1st grade for Emma. We only had a couple of morning mishaps - which is great around here since neither Emma nor I are Suzy Sunshines! Can you tell that from her school picture? The one that clearly says, "Enough Already!!" I won't complain too much though, she did let me put her hair in pig tails and she looked adorable!

Emma decided she wanted Alex to walk her to class. Boy, that does my heart good. I found out this evening, that he took her to the wrong hallway. They were both laughing about it. For those of you who know my kids well, you know that's incredible. Laughing instead of screaming. Love it.

Alex was up early and ready to go. He's my earlybird. We only had one tough moment, when he thought he'd forgotten how to tie his shoes. It seems that it's like riding a bike - it comes right back to you. (I guess these things happen when you wear flip flops all summer long.)

Both kiddos report having a good first day. They were excited to get to play with Ash and Cody for a little bit after school. They were ready to chill-out when we got home. We're going to celebrate the day with a special dinner (chicken, sweet potato fries and mac n cheese, plus the obligatory green veggie). Isn't fun when special is also simple and inexpensive???




2 comments:

Sara said...

Love all the detailed stories! Alex was too funny in his pic and Emma is too cute in her pig tails! God's blessings on Alex and Emma as they start an awesome year, one that God has already planned out for them. It touched my heart that they laughed together, that Emma wanted her big brother to walk her to her class, and that Alex knew right where to turn when he needed something tangible to hold on to in case of some fear - the cross... I can't think of anything better! You've got two awesome kids there! Love you all!

BlessedXFour said...

I love you Alex! and
M, love you too!

WOW, Alex I am so thankful that you packed your cross for yourself and Emma! You are such an awesome big brother. Emma, you look MARVELOUS GIRLFRIEND! Love the piggies and green is your color!

Love you both-
Miss Shawna