Sunday, August 24, 2008

End of Summer

I truly cannot believe that it's the end of summer and the kids start back to school in the morning. Alex and Emma are both in bed, asleep and I find myself sad. Really. It's been such a wonderful summer and I hate that it's ending. I never thought I'd say, type or feel that way. It's such a blessing to be home with the kids and I really enjoy it (most days!!).



At dinner this evening, we went around the table and chose our favorite summer activity. Our Colorado trip was top, without question. Alex's favorite part was the B-I-G hike that he, Scott and Brian went on. That's where he learned about the Elk Poop Boot Test. (I doubt you want the details, but he'd be happy to share them if you do!) Thanks Scott for the education! And here I thought I was the poop expert in the family!!!



Initially, Emma said "doing the Olympics" was her favorite part. Come to find out, that's what the cul-de-sac kids were playing this evening. It just goes to show you that when you have friends around, you don't have to go anywhere special to have fun. I love that!



Brian and my favorite part of the summer was having such an extended time away with the family, in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. Hey, did we mention the incredibly cool temperatures and having a bear right outside the cabin? I'll add a picture of Jakey the Bear if I can figure out how!



The relaxed schedule was also a family favorite. I loved being able to sleep in, veg out with the kids, head up to the FABULOUS Y pool on a moments notice and spend time with friends (at home and in Colorado).

Signing off. I'll be back with first day of school details soon. Ang

3 comments:

Sara said...

LOVE THIS! I'm so proud of you! One blessed family is right and what a blessing you are to others! Keep up the great work on the blog. It looks so beautiful! Mine is a work in progress as well. It is fun! I'll look forward to reading more about your blessed family! :)

BlessedXFour said...

You are SO blessed Ang! What a beautiful family and husband you have. God has provided so much and I am thankful to be such a small part of your life. I'm so thankful that your summer was relaxing and full of memories~! God is good! love you-

Steph said...

I LOVE you blog! I am so proud of you and that you did this all on your own. You rock, you rock...